Re: Obscure behavior of ORDER BY - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Obscure behavior of ORDER BY
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello

this behave depends on your language rules. So this behave can be ok.

pavel=# select * from (values('.'),('@'),('.xxx'),(' xxxx')) x order by 1;column1
─────────.@.xxx xxxx
(4 rows)

you can se  so string with space on start is on end and this is
correct, because spaces and white chars are ignored.

Regards

Pavel Stehule.