Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause, - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause,
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Actually, my previous email was all nonsense, wasn't it?  If we don't
>> reach the consistency point, we can't enter normal running anyway -
>> shut down is the only option no matter what.
>
> Presumably you mean that the way its currently coded is the way it should stay?

Uh, maybe, but it's not obvious to me that it actually is coded that
way.  I don't see any safeguard that prevents recovery from pausing
before consistency is released.  Is there one?  Where?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company