Re: system views for walsender activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: system views for walsender activity
Date
Re: system views for walsender activity  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 02:24, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So how does a walsender that's waiting for a command from the client
>>> show up? Surely it's not in "catchup" mode yet?
>>
>> There is a trivial state between connect and first command. If you think
>> that is worth publishing, feel free. STARTING?
>
> I think it's worth publishing.  STARTING would be OK, or maybe STARTUP
> to parallel the other two -UP states.

Here's a patch for this. I chose IDLE, because that's what we call
other backends that are waiting for commands...

Does this seem correct?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/