Re: error while autovacuuming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: error while autovacuuming
Date
Re: error while autovacuuming  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:06 PM, tamanna madaan
<tamanna.madan@globallogic.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am planning to upgrade  postgres to avoid this autovacuum problem.
>
> From the release notes of postgres-8.1.x it seems this issue
> has been solved in postgres-8.1.6 and hence upgrading
> to latest 8.1 release i.e 8.1.21 will solve this issue.
>
> But I was just wondering if postgres-8.4 will also be having this fix
> (as I couldn't find it in release notes of postgres-8.4).

8.4 has much better autovacuuming, seeing as it's multithreaded and
you can have a lot more control over how it behaves.  This fix is
definitely in 8.4 and 8.3, or should I say the bug you hit was long
gone by the time the 8.4 branch was cut.