Re: Re: BUG #5602: Recovering from Hot-Standby file backup leads to the currupted indexes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Re: BUG #5602: Recovering from Hot-Standby file backup leads to the currupted indexes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The procedure used does differ from that documented. However, IMHO the
> procedure *documented* is *not* safe and could lead to corrupt indexes
> in the way described, since the last recovered point might be mid-way
> between two halves of an index split record, which will never be
> corrected during HS.

An index split record is replayed by two calls of rm_redo()? If not,
we don't need to worry about the above since the last recovered point
which pg_last_xlog_replay_location() returns is updated after every
rm_redo().

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao