Re: Automate Scripts to make for managing Large Database Servers. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Kupershmidt
Subject Re: Automate Scripts to make for managing Large Database Servers.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Adarsh Sharma
<adarsh.sharma@orkash.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am working on some common tasks that need to be performed on regular
> intervals in a large Database Servers. I find below lists of tasks that need
> to be performed and Please tell me if i missed some.
>
> 1. Tacking Daily, Weekly Backups.
> 2. Finding Space Occupied and Remaining in Data Paths or Hard Disks.
> 3. Performing Updates of Softwares.
> 4. Checking Servers Power Status.
>
> Please guide me some more tasks that need a proper attention.

That looks like a good start. I recommend looking at the
check_postgres.pl documentation (
http://bucardo.org/check_postgres/check_postgres.pl.html ) for ideas
on more things to check. And of course, using that package will make
the actual monitoring easy as well.

Josh