Re: json data type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: json data type
Date
List pgsql-general
> A project  in which i'm involved, make use of json data type for storing
> some data sets. I have read that there is some work in progress to implement
> json datatype support in postgres. So my question is; when and in which
> version of postgres we can expect this implementation?

I actually store a pretty good amount of JSON serialized data for my
website, kitchenpc.com which uses Postgres 9.0.  I don't have any
problems with this, I just use a text data type.  I'd be interested in
knowing what functionality would come with a JSON data type, like
could you query for all rows with an X property of > 5 or something,
eg {Y: 1, X: 6}

Mike