Re: memory leaks? using savepoint - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: memory leaks? using savepoint
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
>>> The proposed patch looks very simple. I don't think that applying that
>>> patch will cause serious risk.
>>
>> Maybe so, maybe not, but *it won't get tested* to any meaningful degree
>> if it's applied.
>
> Umm.. I don't have good idea about this. Spend a lot time on the review?

The proposed patch changes only CopySnapshot in exec_simple_query.
But exec_bind_message seems to have the same problem. It calls
CopySnapshot on PortalHeapMemory, but calls FreeSnapshot on
MessageContext. Am I missing something?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao