Postgres Switch Over Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From aaliya zarrin
Subject Postgres Switch Over Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

Kindly help. I am unable to get answer of my question I have sent query many times.
This is again related to Signaling PG After creating the trigger file.

Steps I am following are as follows,

1- Send Signa SIGUSR1 to PG
2. PG Code: Signal handler Function for catching the signal.
3. Check for trigger file
4. If trigger file found- Complete recovery (call methods ReadRecPort, XLogRead etc---), Rename the recovery.conf file.
5. SIGUS1 is waking up latch if it is waiting. After return from sleep- exit from the startupXLOG method.

After implementing this code, and executing it with my application I am getting following errors

Theses errors are not uniform, either error-1 or 2nd type of scenario.

1- postgres[16062]: [3-1] FATAL:  the database system is starting up
2- Startup process is getting created on both  Active and standby nodes.

Plz help if I am missing any step.
I can't use gdb here with my application running.
Main purpose is to signal the PG once the trigger file is created can it be done by any other way?

Plz let me know if any more information is needed.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Aaliya Zarrin
(+91)-9160665888