Re: How to find which query are doing seq_scan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: How to find which query are doing seq_scan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:58 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Postgresql 8.1.
> I need to know which query are executing seq_scan on tables as statistics
> said there were 4 seq_scan on the tables for the last 2 days.

Not sure really.  You could log all query plans I think, but I don't
know if 8.1 supports that.  Upgrading to 8.4 or 9.0 would be a huge
performance boost, and sequential scans can run in parallel from > 1
query there, as well as a lot of work done on keeping them in a ring
buffer so they don't blow out the shared_buffers cache.

If you're just looking for slow queries, then just log slow queries.