Array of compound not supported? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From RW Shore
Subject Array of compound not supported?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I have a compound type defined as

CREATE TYPE typedef.DECLASS_REASON_ENTRY AS (
        ENTRY_REASON VARCHAR(80),
        AUTHORIZING_USER VARCHAR(20)
)

and a table defined as

create table table102 (field1 typedef.declass_reason_entry[] )

The following statement works:

insert into table102(field1) values ('{"(\\"abcdef\\",\\"ghijkl\\")","(\\"abcdef\\",\\"ghijkl\\")"}')

Consider the following prepared statement:

insert into table102 (field1) values (?)

If I use setString() on this prepared statement, execution throws a variant of illegal type (complains about the parameter being a char varying when it wants something else). If I use setObject() and pass it a java.sql.Array implementation that wraps this same string, I get a malformed array literal error.Note that the same code works fine with arrays of all the built-in types, including point. No matter what I do, I can't insert into the array of compound from my app.

Anybody have any suggestions, or is array of compound simply not supported via a prepared statement?