Re: Adding PK to Existing Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raghavendra
Subject Re: Adding PK to Existing Table
Date
List pgsql-general
Try out this...

 alter table <table name> add primary key(column name);

Best Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
 In -9.0.3 I used ALTER TABLE to replace a varchar() column with a bigint
column so it can be assigned as the table's primary key. From the 9.0.3
manual I tried various flavors of ALTER TABLE <tablename> ADD CONSTRAINT but
cannot find the proper syntax to create the PK. Do I need to first make the
column UNIQUE, then add a NOT NULL constraint?

Rich