Re: Huge spikes in number of connections doing "PARSE" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: Huge spikes in number of connections doing "PARSE"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:

  gdb -ex=bt /path/to/bin/postgres $pid </dev/null

I've used this on production systems to debug issues like this one, and I've
never observed damage.  The exact effect of debugger attach/detach may be
OS/kernel-dependent, so it's hard to make categorical guarantees of safety.

At least on Windows NT and derivatives (until I last checked a few years ago),  detaching a debugger kills the debugged process.

Regards,
--
Gurjeet Singh
EnterpriseDB Corporation