Re: Feature request: include script file into function body - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Feature request: include script file into function body
Date
Re: Feature request: include script file into function body  (Steve White <swhite@aip.de>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Steve White <swhite@aip.de> wrote:

>> Yes this will work for me.
>>

>>> Just got this --- looks like we independently arrived at the same
>>> conclusion.
>
> I'll add it to the TODO list. =A0It looks like we might finally have a
> good one for those looking for an easy item from that list. =A0Those
> have been scarce lately.

Can't you already do it this way:

\set yadda `cat yadda_yadda.py`
CREATE FUNCTION yadda_yadda() returns text language plpythonu AS
:'yadda';

I guess it probably won't work on Windows...

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company