Re: User function canceling VACUUMDB utility - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Henrique Reimer
Subject Re: User function canceling VACUUMDB utility
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Yes, once correct schema was included in the search_path, VACUUM and ANALYZE run fine again.

Thank you!

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Carlos Henrique Reimer <carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br> writes:
> Yes, you're right! I found out a functional index using this function and
> ANALYZE also cancels.

> Is there a way to code this function in a way VACUUM/ANALYZE does not
> cancel?

I think your problem is probably a search_path issue, ie vacuumdb is not
running with the "BRASIL" schema in its path so the column reference
fails to resolve.  You should be able to add the schema name to the
%TYPE reference.  Or, if you can't make that work, just don't use
%TYPE...

Reimer
47-3347-1724 47-9183-0547 msn: carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br