Re: Extensions, this time with a patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 18:19, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Please find that done in attached v4 of the cfparser patch.

RECOVERY_COMMAND_FILE is opened twice in the patch. The first time
is for checking the existence, and the second time is for parsing.
Instead of the repeat, how about adding FILE* version of parser?
It will be also called from ParseConfigFile() as a sub routine.
 bool ParseConfigFd(FILE *fd, const char *config_file, int depth, ...)

BTW, the parser supports "include" and "custom_variable_classes"
not only for postgresql.conf but also for all files. Is it an
intended behavior?  I think they are harmless, so we don't have
to change the codes; "include" might be useful even in recovery.conf,
and "custom_variable_classes" will be "unrecognized recovery
parameter" error after all.

--
Itagaki Takahiro