Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Brian Hirt <bhirt@me.com> wrote:

>> There are only two tables in the query.
>>

> Tim,
>
> No, your query is written incorrectly.  I don't understand why you come on to this list all hostile and
confrontational. Regardless, people still try to help you and then you still ignore the advice of people that are
givingyou the solutions to your problems.

Maybe he's used to paid commercial support where people are often
quite rude and hostile to the support staff to try and "motivate" them
or something?  I've seen it before for sure.

Again, OP, what does EXPLAIN say about this query?