Re: What is Dialect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: What is Dialect
Date
List pgsql-general
If I understand your question correctly, a Dialect is an abstraction
layer that allows Hibernate to talk with different database backends
(MySQL, PG, Oracle, SQLServer, etc).  Since different databases have
different syntaxes, various features, etc.  This seems more of a
Hibernate question though, unless there's a "Dialect" feature in PG
that I'm unaware of.