Transactions and ID's generated by triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andre Lopes
Subject Transactions and ID's generated by triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a situation that I dont know how to deal.

I have 2 tables "tdir_uris_files" and "tdir_uri_files_details". Please
see the Image in attach.

The table "tdir_uris_files" have the field "id_ordinal" that is
originated by a trigger(before insert)
The table "tdir_uri_files_details" use the field "id_ordinal"
generated by trigger on the insert on the table "tdir_uris_files"

Now my doubt. It is possible to do a transaction to this two tables at
the same time?

How can I know the value of the field "id_ordinal" that was generated
by the trigger?

Can I be able to do this?

[code]
BEGIN;
INSERT INTO tdir_uris_files (uri, id_language, id_category,
id_file_context, id_encode_format, n_file, file)
values (...)
INSERT INTO tdir_uri_files_details (uri, id_language, id_category,
id_file_context, id_ordinal, id_file_type, id_file_detail, value)
values (...);
COMMIT;
[/code]

PS: Sorry my bad english.