Re: error null value in column" concat_id" violates not-null constraint - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: error null value in column" concat_id" violates not-null constraint
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello

2010/11/25 Ana Louro <anaoliveiralouro@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm just beggining in PostgreSql 9.0
>
> I've created a table ,like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE auxiliar
> (
>  ano integer,
>  codigodc character varying,
>  id character varying,
>  concat_id character varying NOT NULL,
>  CONSTRAINT concat PRIMARY KEY (concat_id);
>
> Now i want to insert values on concat_id resulting from a function
> called "concat_id"
>
> INSERT INTO  concat_id
> SELECT(concat_id) FROM auxiliar ;

insert has a syntax: INSERT INTO <tablename>

function call has a syntax funcname(parameters)

so if I would to fill table auxiliar from some function, then I'll use
a statement

INSERT INTO auxilar SELECT * FROM funcname(..)

Regards

Pavel Stehule