Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers)
Date
In response to Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers)  (Ronan Dunklau <ronan.dunklau@aiven.io>)
List pgsql-hackers
I have now received multiple requests to split this patchset into multiple parts, including some off-list.  I'll be
postingfour new patch sets on four new topics:

New privileged roles which can SET and ALTER SYSTEM SET (v8-0002 through v8-0013)

Non-superuser event trigger owners (v8-0014 and v8-0015)

Non-superuser subscription owners (v8-0016 through v8-0018)

CREATEROLE and role ownership hierarchies (v8-0001 and v8-0019 through v8-0021)

I cannot presume everyone will be interested, so I will only cc'd Andrew on the new threads, given his status as a
reviewer. I don't mean by this to cut anyone out of the discussion.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company