RE: [HACKERS] Gregorian Calendar - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Gregorian Calendar
Date
List pgsql-general
Because most of my own code is Astronomical based, any of my time code
treats the skipped days in 1582 as invalid.

However, I think we should be careful with postgres, as anyone who is
storing dates for historical purposes, may be recording the dates for a
region who didn't change on that date (ie GB, or even worse Russia who
didn't change until 1919!)

This is a tricky question.

Peter

--