Re: pg_receivexlog add synchronous mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From
Subject Re: pg_receivexlog add synchronous mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >> I have improved the patch  by making following changes:
> >>
> >> 1. Since stream_stop() was redundant, stream_stop() at the time of
> WAL file closing was deleted.
> >>
> >> 2. Change the Flash judging timing for the readability of source code.
> >>    I have changed the Flash judging timing , from the continuous
> message after receiving to
> >>    before the feedbackmassege decision of continue statement after
> execution.
> >
> > Thanks for the updated version of the patch!
> >
> > While reviewing the patch, I found that HandleCopyStream() is still
> > long and which decreases the readability of the source code.
> > So I feel inclined to refactor the HandleCopyStream() more for better
> > readability. What about the attached refactoring patch?
>
> Sorry, I forgot to attached the patch in previous email. So attached.

Thank you for the refactoring patch.
I did a review of the patch.

-                         break;    /* ignore the rest of this XLogData packet */

+                 return true;    /* ignore the rest of this XLogData packet */

For break statement at close of wal file, it is a return to true.
It may be a behavior of continue statement. Is it satisfactory?

The walreceiver distributes XLogWalRcvProcessMsg and XLogWalRcvWrite, but isn't that division necessary?

Regards,

--
Furuya Osamu