Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Matthijs van der Vleuten
Subject Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs
Date
List pgsql-www

> On 19 Oct 2018, at 23:37, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> Well, the things up top are the core doc navigation (versions, search,
> TOCs on the page). Those are fairly important, particularly on large
> pages. And also on large pages, it can be a pain to scroll all the way
> back up if you need to get to another part of the site, or search.
>
> I would say that doubly-so on mobile. Viewing the docs on mobile view, I
> would strongly suggest keeping the floating navigation.

The navbar doesn't let you avoid scrolling all the way up, since these
core doc navigation elements are not inside the navbar. And as such, my
patch does not remove these elements.

As for scrolling up, many browsers recognize the Home key as a shortcut
to scroll to the top. For mobile, at least on iOS, one can do the same
by touching the top of the screen.