Re: datfrozenxid > relfrozenxid w/ crash before XLOG_HEAP_INPLACE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey M. Borodin
Subject Re: datfrozenxid > relfrozenxid w/ crash before XLOG_HEAP_INPLACE
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On 20 Jun 2024, at 06:29, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>
> This resolves the last inplace update defect known to me.

That’s a huge amount of work, thank you!

Do I get it right, that inplace updates are catalog-specific and some other OOM corruptions [0] and Standby corruptions
[1]are not related to this fix. Bot cases we observed on regular tables.
Or that might be effect of vacuum deepening corruption after observing wrong datfrozenxid?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/67EADE8F-AEA6-4B73-8E38-A69E5D48BAFE%40yandex-team.ru#1266dd8b898ba02686c2911e0a50ab47
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFj8pRBEFMxxFSCVOSi-4n0jHzSaxh6Ze_cZid5eG%3Dtsnn49-A%40mail.gmail.com