Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wheeler
Subject Re: [Dbdpg-general] Re: 'prepare' is not quite schema-safe
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 1, 2005, at 22:44 , Tom Lane wrote:

> I am not claiming that the backend handles all these cases nicely
> today: it certainly doesn't.  But we understand in principle how
> to fix these problems by invalidating plans inside the backend.
> I don't see how the DBD::Pg driver can hope to deal with any of
> these situations :-(

It can't. So if you need to be able to switch schemas or do any of
the evil(tm) things Tom suggest, then I recommend that you use prepare
() instead of prepare_cached(). Or do the caching yourself.

Regards,

David