Re: Patch bug: Fix jsonpath .* on Arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Patch bug: Fix jsonpath .* on Arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jun 27, 2024, at 04:17, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> The tests of jsonb_jsonpath.sql include a lot of patterns for @? and
> jsonb_path_query with the lax and strict modes, so shouldn't these
> additions be grouped closer to the existing tests rather than added at
> the end of the file?

I think you could argue that they should go with other tests for array unwrapping, though it’s kind of mixed
throughout.But that’s more the bit I was testing; almost all the tests are lax, and it’s less the strict behavior to
testhere than the explicit behavior of unwrapping in lax mode.

But ultimately I don’t care where they go, just that we have them.