creating database system under Windows 2000 [i.e., running 'initd b'] - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Erion, Paul
Subject creating database system under Windows 2000 [i.e., running 'initd b']
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I've gone through Kevin Lo's directions for installing PostgreSQL on Windows
2000 -- but I blew it when I ran "initdb".  Even though the directions said
not to run this command as administrator ... I did.  Now I'm wondering how I
can correct my mistake.  Is it a simple matter of deleting "template1" or is
there more?

I guess there's another [stupid] question lurking here ... how do I go about
running "initdb" without being the administrator?  I take it I need to run
"bash" as something other than the administrator, am I close?

Thanks,

:Paul