Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From James Robinson
Subject Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:31:53, Paul Thomas wrote:

> Is there any way we could find out for definite? Until this index/type
> cast issue is sorted out I don't see any way that PostgreSQL can even
> be
> considered ready for enterprise use. EJB/CMP is an important enterprise
> technology and int8 index columns are not unknown in big company
> databases.

I ran 7.4B2 a few days ago, and it did not act any different than 7.3
does -- that is, the problem still exists in the backend.

Shall I petition hackers, stating that EJB/CMP is not a fly-by-night
technology (rather, more like the COBOL of our generation), and that
postgres would make a great backend for something like JBoss, or any
DB-neutral relational persistence generation framework using any of the
available interfaces, not just JDBC, if this issue was solved once and
for all?

Or will we be told 'show us the backend code that passes the regression
tests', which is a valid response.