Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rui DeSousa
Subject Re: Investigate postgres 9.6.3 repmgr lag 4.0.4
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Jun 24, 2018, at 4:59 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:

Now, How can I further investigate it ? my wal_keep_segment is assigned to 100 but since friday 261 wals were generated so I guess I dont have another option but to sync the node again. However, I want to understand why it happened. What can you advice me to check ?

What is the connectivity between the nodes, any firewalls?  What’s the settings for wal_sender_timeout and wal_receiver_timeout?  Why not use a replication slot or have it fail over to using the archived WALs instead of full database restore?

There should be other messages in Postgresql logs.