Re: [HACKERS] threads stuff/UnixWare - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: [HACKERS] threads stuff/UnixWare
Date
List pgsql-patches

--On Thursday, May 13, 2004 21:35:43 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:

> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
>>> Where does it leave the "ptr" pointing to?
>
>> $ ./test3
>> ptr=8049682, points to N
>> ptr=8049686, points to f
>
> Indeed, they found an original new way to get it wrong.  Please point
> out to them that the ptr is supposed to be advanced *past* the input.
> Not to the last character of the input.

Reported to my SCO contacts.  However, I guarantee this won't be fixed in
7.1.4 (the next release), as it just went Gold.

Also, I suspect 7.1.3 and below have the bug, and are prevalent.

And, I just proved it on my 7.1.2 (AKA OpenUNIX 8.0.0) system:

$ cc -O -o test3 test3.c
$ ./test3
num=nan
errno=0
ptr=8049682, points to N
num=inf
errno=0
ptr=8049686, points to f
$ uname -a
OpenUNIX lerlsof 5 8.0.0 i386 x86at Caldera UNIX_SVR5
$

>             regards, tom lane

Attachment