Re: simple function index question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: simple function index question
Date
List pgsql-sql

From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Michael Moore
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:24 PM
To: postgres list <pgsql-sql@postgresql.org>
Subject: [SQL] simple function index question

This:

CREATE INDEX TX_QSET_DIR_MAP_PRI_URI_TYP_UK

  ON tx_question_set_dir_map

  USING btree

  ((

CASE

  WHEN uri_type = 201900 then

   (question_set2tx_question_set ,uri_type, null)

  ELSE

   (question_set2tx_question_set ,uri_type, question_set_dir_map_key)

END))

TABLESPACE qsn_indx_ol;

 results in

ERROR:  column "" has pseudo-type record

********** Error **********

ERROR: column "" has pseudo-type record

SQL state: 42P16

Hopefully it is clear what I am attempting to do here. How do I make this happen?

Try casting NULL to whatever type question_set_dirmap_key is.

Sai it is varchar, then:

WHEN uri_type = 201900 then

   (question_set2tx_question_set ,uri_type, null::varchar)

Regards,

Igor Neyman