Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?
Date
List pgsql-general
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Si Chen
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:34 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?

I didn't see any from the log.  It was just a whole bunch of pretty standard looking SELECT queries.  There were no
INSERT/COMMITstatements which were still active before the SELECT's, just a few which are waiting after a lot of SELECT
statements.

Also, if the process just shows COMMIT, is there any way to see what it's trying to commit?