Re: Lock problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: Lock problem
Date
List pgsql-general

I don't think PG has such configuration parameter.
But, you could easily write a function (say in PgPlSQL) and run it on schedule, where you could check "IDLE IN
TRANSACTION"session and compare their start_time to system time, and then based on your criteria you could kill suspect
session/transaction.
But this could be dangerous;  some long-running transactions could be perfectly valid.

Regards,
Igor Neyman