Re: How to compare the results of two queries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: How to compare the results of two queries?
Date
List pgsql-general

EXECUTE in PgPlsql does not require PREPARE.
So, something like this:

create or replace function compare(sql1 character varying, sql2 character  varying) returns boolean as
$body$
Declare lCount int := 0;
Begin

EXECUTE 'SELECT COUNT(Res.*) FROM (  (' || sql1 || ' EXCEPT ' || sql2 || ') UNION (' || sql2 || ' EXCEPT ' || sql1 ||
')) Res' INTO lCount;

IF (lCount = 0)
  RETURN TRUE;
ELSE
  RETURN FALSE;
END IF;

End;
$body$ language 'plpgsql';

should work.  Be aware, I didn't test it.

Regards,
Igor Neyman