Re: How to INSERT INTO one table from another table, WHERE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Neyman
Subject Re: How to INSERT INTO one table from another table, WHERE
Date
List pgsql-general

If it's not the whole record but just some columns, you UPDATE them not INSERT:

UPDATE tableA A
SET colX = B.colx, colY = B.colY
FROM table B B
WHERE A. blockname = B.block_name
AND A.timestamp = B.timestamp;

Note the use of aliases (A, B).

b.t.w. "timestamp" - isn't a good choice for column name, being a data type it's on the list of reserved words.

Regards,
Igor Neyman