Re: Converting a TimestampTz into a C# DateTime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Converting a TimestampTz into a C# DateTime
Date
List pgsql-general
valeriof wrote:
> BTW, a comment says this about the floating point representation: "A
> deprecated compile-time option of PostgreSQL switches to a floating-point
> representation of some date/time
> fields. Npgsql (currently) does not support this mode." Is it safe to say
> that the floating point format is less in use compared to the long int? If
> Npgsql doesn't support it, any application that uses Npgsql will have this
> limitation anyway. Am I correct?

It looks that way.

64-bit integer representation for datetimes was introduced in 7.3 and
became the default in 8.4, over 7 years ago.
So I guess you won't encounter databases with floating point datetimes
very often these days.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe