Re: could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable
Date
List pgsql-general
Jimit Amin wrote:
> I have heavy transaction load production database 9.3 PPAS .Today Database is not able to give new
> process. I checked pg_stat_activity , there are so many transaction in waiting stage because of one
> procedure and lock on one table (Code inside procedure)

[...]

>   could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable
>   could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable
>   could not fork autovacuum worker process: Resource temporarily unavailable
>   could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable
>   could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable

Your machine is running out of system resources needed to create new processes.

This might help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12079087/fork-retry-resource-temporarily-unavailable

Yours,
Laurenz Albe