Re: Memory Utilization Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: Memory Utilization Issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> Always my server memory utilization is remain >99%. I have 4 DB server and RAM of the server is (32
> GB, 64 GB, 64 GB and 132 GB). In every server always we are getting the memory utilization > 99%.
> Kindly suggest why this problem is and which parameter will resolve this problem.
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.1.2 and PostGIS 1.5 version on every Red hat Linux server. Kindly find the
> "TOP" result, "ulimit -a"  result, ("kernel.shmax", "kernel.shmall", "kernel.sem" value) and
> pg_setting result of one server as below. If you require any other information then inform to me.

That sounds just fine.
Linux uses memory for the file system cache.  That memory is shown as "in use", but
it is available for processes if they need it.

It doesn't look like your machine is swapping.

Do you experience problems?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe