Re: How large can a PostgreSQL database get? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: How large can a PostgreSQL database get?
Date
List pgsql-general
Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
> Hi.  I was promoting PostgreSQL to an AIX/Oracle shop yesterday, they are looking to switch to open
> source to cut their licensing costs, and was asked how large a database does PostgreSQL support?  Is
> there an upper bound on database size and if so, what it is?

There is no real upper bound.

I think that backup will be a limiting factor, and you'll want backups.
Of course, sequential scans of really large tables will be very
painful, but that's the same for all database systems.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe