Re: BUG #5323: plperl and plperlu interaction segfaults - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexey Klyukin
Subject Re: BUG #5323: plperl and plperlu interaction segfaults
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Feb 11, 2010, at 10:02 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Dave Olszewski <cxreg@pobox.com> wrote:
>>=20
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>=20
>> Bug reference:      5323
>> Logged by:          Dave Olszewski
>> Email address:      cxreg@pobox.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.9
>> Operating system:   Linux
>> Details:
>>=20
>> Creating the following functions reliably segfaults Postgres for me:
>>=20
>> CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperl';
>> CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperlu';
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_one() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
>> 'plperlu';
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_two() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
>> 'plperl';
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_two() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
>> 'plperl';
>>=20
>> A possibly interesting note is that if I create "two, one, two two" it w=
ill
>> not crash, but just 'one, two two" will.
>=20
> I think this might be the same problem previously discussed here:
>=20
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-01/msg00224.php

Seems to be the same problem. Backtrace I'm getting on 8.4 is almost identi=
cal to the one at the end of this post:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-01/msg00144.php

>=20
> Does that patch fix it?
>=20

The problem doesn't appear on 9.0 alpha with that patch committed.

--
Alexey Klyukin                    http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc