Re: Report a potential memory leak in setup_config() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Report a potential memory leak in setup_config()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 15 Feb 2022, at 02:49, wliang@stu.xidian.edu.cn wrote:

> Specifically, at line 1095, function pretty_wal_size() is called, which allocates a chunk of memory by using
pg_mallocand returns it. However, the return chunk is directly passed to snprintf as its 3rd parameter. As a result,
thereis a memory leak.

PostgreSQL isn't all too concerned about small static leaks in short lived
programs, like initdb.  Memory will be freed shortly when the program exits.
Complicating the code to save 28 bytes seems hardly worth it, but if you feel
strongly about it I suggest proposing a patch to fix it.