Re: Tracking disk writes? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Tracking disk writes?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 10, 2007, at 4:33 AM, Erik Jones wrote:
> I've seen that I can get the total number of blocks read from disk
> over the lifetime of a database via the pg_stat_database view, and
> by taking successive readings I can track reads over time.  How can
> I track disk writes?

Hey Erik...

That's not currently tracked anywhere, but it would be good
information to have. I suspect it could be added without a great deal
of difficulty by looking at what's done for tracking blocks read, as
well as another patch that added new statistics (I know there was one
for vacuum stats back last summer).

Also, someone on -hackers was recently looking into some stuff with
the bgwriter and added some logging code; I don't remember if they
also added some statistics.