Re: Compilation Error AIX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hiltibidal, Robert
Subject Re: Compilation Error AIX
Date
List pgsql-general

Thanks for moving this to the correct list

 Any ideas? Requested info is below.

>To begin with, what gcc version are you using?

I am using the GCC packaged by
http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/gcc.html

My AIX level is
# oslevel -s
5200-09-03

# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0
Configured with: ../gcc-4.0.2/configure --disable-aix64 --disable-nls
Thread model: aix
gcc version 4.0.2

>Also, I see you're using the IBM "make".  Don't do that.  You need to
>use gmake.

# make -v
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

> make -C port all
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src/backend/port'
>
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing
> -I../../../src/include   -c -o dynloader.o dynloader.c
>
> In file included from /usr/include/xcoff.h:134,
>
>                  from /usr/include/a.out.h:42,
>
>                  from dynloader.c:10:
>
> /usr/local/include/dbug.h:38: error: syntax error before '_VARARGS'
>
> make[3]: *** [dynloader.o] Error 1
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src/backend/port'
>
> make[2]: *** [port-recursive] Error 2
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src/backend'
>
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src'
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> I found this reference on the IBM web site. The article says:
>
> "GNU C Compiler (GCC) returns an error message if you try to #include
> varargs.h. Use stdarg.h instead."
>

> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/articles/linux_s390/
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks!
>
> -Rob
>

> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
> This email transmission contains privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above.  If the reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or
copying of this email transmission is strictly prohibited by the sender.
If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the email
and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or
mailto:postmaster@argushealth.com.  Thank you.

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly