Re: pg_restore error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject Re: pg_restore error
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, the tar file contains a file called 1765.dat.  A `cat` of that
file shows nothing more than an empty line (i.e.: a carriage return).

    -rw-------   1 frankel  prod        1 Nov 29 11:20 1765.dat

Extracting the archive, tar reported a "lone zero block."  I don't
know what this refers to.

    tar: A lone zero block at 9242

I'm happy to either help debug Ft or switch to Fc in my scripts.  I
was under the impression, though, that Ft was required to backup db's
with blobs.  I am storing some thumbnail jpg images in my db.

I'd also be interested to know if the pg_restore error is due to my
upgrade to postgres 8.1 or macosx 10.4.3.

Thanks
Scott