Re: pg_hba.conf problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Nedrow
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 30, 2003, at 21:01, Tom Lane wrote:

> The only other idea I can think of is he's editing the wrong
> pg_hba.conf
> file; we've seen a couple of people make that mistake.  (David, the
> right pg_hba.conf file is the one in the $PGDATA directory.  If you
> don't see a postmaster.pid file in the same directory that appears and
> disappears when you start and stop the postmaster, then you're in the
> wrong directory ...)

Ta-Da!

That was it. For some reason, I had an old pgsql/data tree laying
around that I was futzing with. Looking for postmaster.pid did the
trick.

What I can't figure out is how I was breaking "local" access by editing
the non-local file. Maybe I was just too tired after 18 hours of
debugging Mozilla stuff. <G>

Thanks for the help.

-David