Re: How can we log the sequential scan of queries at DB level - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rui DeSousa
Subject Re: How can we log the sequential scan of queries at DB level
Date
List pgsql-admin

> On Mar 28, 2023, at 1:35 AM, badrinadh p <appsdba18@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI Team,
> I tried in different ways to get the slow queries and generated explain plan using explain analyze(only select). I
generateda PGBadger report and got the Most frequent queries. My request  is there any option to find the list of
queriesthat scan large number of rows regardless of the time they take. I would like to have the log of queries that
scanlarge number of rows regardless of the time they take except for the auto explain option. Is there any tool or
extension?

> Thanks,
> Venkata.

The pg_stat_statements extension can give you that information:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstatstatements.html