Re: Retry: Is this possible / slow performance? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject Re: Retry: Is this possible / slow performance?
Date
List pgsql-performance
>> The best solution is probably to put a LIMIT into the DECLARE CURSOR,
>> so that the planner can see how much you intend to fetch.
I assume that this limits the resultset to a LIMIT. That is not what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a way to
scrolllthrought the whole tables with orders.

I have tested, and if one really wants the whole table the query with "set enable_seqscan = on" lasts 137 secs, the
querywith "set enable_seqscan = off" lasts 473 secs, so (alas), the planner is right.

I sure would like to have ISAM like behaviour once in a while.

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14