Re: Can you set the date output format (to_char style) per session? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua Johnston
Subject Re: Can you set the date output format (to_char style) per session?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 4, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> hello
>
> 2010/3/4 Joshua Johnston <johnston.joshua@gmail.com>:
>> Hello list!
>>
>> I am working through some i18n/l10n issues in a new application and one of our possible solutions for handling date
formattingis to have the dates formatted by pgsql per session. I know I Can use DateStyle to adjust date output, but I
amlooking for something that works like SET DateStyle but with finer control like to_char(format, timestamp).

>> Is there such thing?
>>

> no
>
> no on sql level - you can do some only in C lang - create own type -
> compatible with timestamp but with own output function.
>
> regards
> Pavel Stehule

That is what I thought. Thank you for your quick reply Pavel!