Re: BUG #5038: WAL file is pending deletion in pg_xlog folder, this interferes with WAL archiving. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Luke Koops
Subject Re: BUG #5038: WAL file is pending deletion in pg_xlog folder, this interferes with WAL archiving.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
My case is that a backend was holding the file open.  It was not some other=
 unhelpful program.  That's why I had to write a program that held the file=
 open with the same flags that postgres uses (including FILE_SHARE_DELETE).

We have a process that wrote to the DB, and then for many days it only read=
 from the DB, so it didn't move on to another WAL file.

-Luke